What Is Electrical Energy Audit
Electrical Energy Auditing is the study and analysis of machines that run on a building or system to reduce the input of a machine without changing the output.
Types Of Energy Auditing
The type of energy auditing depends on the type of factory to be audited and its type. Energy auditing can be there are two types.
- PRELIMINARY AUDIT
- DETAILED AUDIT
Preliminary energy audit is the process of compiling the required details before starting the auditing.
- Details of the energy expended in that company.
- Evaluating expected energy saving
- Knowing the places where you can easily do energy saving.
- Identify places that increase energy saving immediately.
- Establishing a specific reference point for energy saving
- Knowing the area to study in detail for energy saving.
DETAILED ENERGY AUDIT
This type of audit can accurately assess energy saving.It discusses all the projects and accounts of the energy used for important large machines. Includes calculations that can save energy.
It is based on the energy used system, the current operating condition and the assumptions for finding the energy used.Thus the estimated amount is compared with the bill for the energy used
Requirements For Energy Auditing
- Prepare the budget required for the energy audit
- Implement the recommendations made by the Energy Auditor
- Find people who can collaborate on energy auditing.
- Determine the method for detailed energy audit.
- Must have prior experience of Energy Auditors
- Identify methods, plant and machinery for energy audit
- Energy auditing companies should be hired
Energy Auditing Methods
A method developed in the right format can be useful for doing energy auditing effectively.The method will vary depending on the companies. Regardless of which method is used, the purpose of doing energy auditing will be accomplished
The method to be used should be known to the outside auditor before starting the auditing.The following are the ways to determine the method of auditing
- Prepare a single line diagram of the electrical system.
- We need to collect the baso line data of the energy used.
- Study the energy bill for the next year. You also need to know how energy is used.
- Know the amount of energy it takes to produce an object and how much it costs.
- Areas where the audit can be done should be done in consultation with the relevant engineer so that those present in the plant are present during the audit.
- The input power, current, power factor, efficiency, etc. of the motors must be calculated. During this time the load must be constantly monitored to detect the effect of the varying load on the machines.
- Investigate residual energy and materials, loss energy and wastage energy, etc.
- Examine the electricity tariff and reduce the bill for power.
- Presenting the result obtained by examining the data is important in energy auditing
- The energy auditor should carefully study the details of monitoring and reporting energy in practice in a company.
ENERGY AUDIT REPORT
The report prepared after the energy audit is the most important document and this report should be preserved for later viewing.
This report should be in proper format and all contents should be prepared generally the energy audit report should have all the following features.
- Executive summary
- General aspects of energy auditing
- Energy tracking system
- Utilities infrastructure
- Assesments and recommendations
- Operation and maintenance practice
The first part of the Energy auditing report is the executive summary. The following features are given in detail.
- Details of the amount of energy currently used in practice and its cost.
- The amount of energy used is different from the value of the coded baseline or benchmark into
- Recommend ways and suggestions to increase the running of machines and reduce the amount of energy that is waste.
- If the benchmark about the amount of energy to be used is not coded, the machines and the plant should be coded separately.
- Improve the way machines are operated and maintained, which can directly or indirectly affect the amount of energy used.
General Aspects Of Energy Auditing
- Generally the details about the companies doing the audit and its related activities should be descriptive
- Opportunity, schedule and method of auditing
- Details of electrical appliances and other facilities for use
- Accumulated details and explored
Energy Tracking System
Data should be collected on the energy used during the specified time period. The following are some of the features of the Energy tracking system
- The amount of energy consumed by the machines should be measured with the help of recording equipment
- The baseline amount of energy required to produce an object must be determined in KWHR
- The amount of energy currently used should be compared with the benchmarked value
Collect information on existing electrical, water, steam, compressed air system, etc.
- The type, capacity, and configuration, maintenance, and problem details of the machines must be taken into account
- Also collect information known from machines in the past, problems encountered and opportunities for use
Assesments And Recommendations
In the final conclusion on Energy auditing the following points should be clarified so that everyone can notice.
- Evaluating the performance of the electrical system and machines
- Methods of selecting partial and high investment and repayment periods, etc., without investment
- Provide details of Energy Saving Plan Implementation, Action Plan Implementation Schedule, Available Machines, and Outsourced Managers
Benefits Of Energy Auditing
Energy auditing has the following benefits
- Can calculate the energy used
- Knowing where energy loss occurs in mechanical system, chemical process etc. Lets explore
- Can develop a system for monitoring energy
- The right technique can be used
- Efficiency can be increased by using the right equipment
- Used energy can be recycled and reused
- The amount of energy to be used can be made into a code
- Precautions can be taken to implement a quality control program